Sunday, May 1, 2011

Relaxing Sunday

Relaxing!

Today was a very relaxing Sunday. I spent most of it in Cowichan Bay, a small village not far from the farm. My first stop was True Grain Bread where I bought a coffee, an almond croissant, and a loaf of flax 'n rye bread. The last time I visited True Grain Bread, the girl behind the counter told me my pronunciation of the word "croissant" was excellent, so I felt some pressure to repeat that success. Today's result, of course, was my butchering of the word "croissant" and some confusion as to what exactly I was ordering.

Houseboats

Next, I went out back to the docks to look at the houseboats and wonder what life on the water would be like. I also made sure to eat, drink, read, and be merry. I'm trying to finish The End of Poverty by Jeffrey Sachs. I've joined Farmer Brock's book club and I'm supposed to have the thing done by Tuesday. I'm on page 226 of 376. I like to leave things to the last minute because I'm totally bad ass.

Reading, Eating, Drinking

It was while reading on the docks that I saw this:

Kayak Madness

I'm not exactly sure what was going on, but rest assured that man, dog, and kayak remained afloat and a-okay.

Also while visiting Cowichan Bay, I saw some unusual use of boots. Flower pot boots! Check it out:

Boot Pots 01

Boots Pots 02

And here I've been wearing my boots on my feet like a sucker!

No comments:

Post a Comment