Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Beer, Mac 'n Cheese, and "The Postman"

A couple of weekends ago, I had the day off and the farm to myself. So I took this opportunity to drink beer, have dinner, and watch The Postman in Farmer Brock and Heather's house. Dinner included mac 'n cheese, kale buds, and avocado.

Enjoying a Day Off

"Thanks for being there for me."

No, Kevin Costner, thank YOU for being there for me!

For those of you not in the know, The Postman is a post-apocalyptic movie about a drifter, Kevin Costner, who reluctantly fights tyranny by delivering mail. It includes excellent lines like "You give out hope like it was candy in your pocket," a guest appearance by Tom Petty, a rousing rendition of "America the Beautiful," and a pretty awesome scene where Costner gallops, super slow-mo, up to a child to snatch a piece of mail from his hand:

Scene from The Postman

All in all, a very enjoyable evening....

2 comments:

  1. Another blog dude. And this is the first thing I saw and it's pretty epic. That avocado looks incredible...so does Kevin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin always looks good. You should know that by now.

    ReplyDelete