Monday, April 18, 2011

A Few Weeks Apart

Snowy Mountains

It still gets pretty cold here on Vancouver Island at night and early in the morning. Thankfully the snow stays in the mountains. I hate snow. There's a reason I moved to California from the home country three years ago.

I think it's pretty amazing that this is where I'm working now. Only a few weeks ago, my work environment looked like this:

Classroom

Cubicles

I was working for two different library systems in and around Oakland. I did everything from working at the reference desk of a primarily Spanish speaking library (despite not speaking Spanish), teaching computer and job skills classes to adults, and doing data entry and other office work in a sea of cubicles.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the old jobs and worked with some great people, but I'm loving the mountains, fields, and fresh air. I'm even loving me some early morning mud!

Muddy Farm Needs to Dry Out

No comments:

Post a Comment