Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sunday is a Day of Rest (Part II)

"Hey, Mike," you might be asking, "where else did you go on your day of rest?"

Good question! I'm glad you asked.

After visiting the Maple Bay beach, I stopped by the Maple Bay Yacht Club. I was attracted by their water barns. I'm assuming they keep yachts in there?

Maple Bay Yacht Club

After picking up a mediocre cup of coffee at the coffee shop and gift shop, I did some wandering around the yacht club grounds. Soon enough, I came across this little sign:

Herb Garden

I love herbs and gardens, so I decided to take a look. This is what I found:

Dead Herb Plants 03

Dead Herb Plants 02

Dead Herb Plants 01

Looks like the herb garden needs a little water. Luckily there's a nearby pond and miniature lighthouse with decorative floating beer bottles.

Pond + Lighthouse

Needless to say, I was a little disappointed with the Maple Bay Yacht Club, no matter how impressed I am by its water barns. So I got back in the car and started driving aimlessly around the back roads again. Soon enough, I arrived at another bay, this one by the name of Genoa Bay.

Genoa Bay

The highlight of Genoa Bay? This awesome houseboat, complete with outdoor chandelier. Pretty sweet!

Awesome Houseboat

There's an interesting looking little cafe/restaurant at Genoa Bay, so I think I'm heading back some time soon. I'll let you know how it goes, or if I somehow get myself invited onto that houseboat....

No comments:

Post a Comment